What we offer:
- Weekly Sunday clubruns for the social road cyclist. These are about 3-5 hours in length at an average pace of around 16mph. The rides include a tea stop and often a secondary lunch stop. They are an excellent place for a beginner to learn how to ride in a group and gain a solid workout at the same time. From Spring 2017 onward we will to introduce a second faster group averaging 18mph. We meet at 9.00am at the Blue Boar Cafe in Abridge for a 9.30am departure.
- Weekly Saturday Social rides also from the Blue Boar Cafe averaging around 16mph and meeting at 9.00am for a 9.30am start.
- Weekly Saturday Training Rides – these are for the faster rider and average between 18 and 20mph. We ride through and off on a 60-70 mile circuit. We meet 9.00am at the Castle in Woodford and 9.30am at the Wakes Arms Roundabout.
- Weekly Mountain Bike rides. Every Saturday morning (unless wet) our off-roaders meet up for a blast through Epping Forest, or over the winter for a ride along the River Lee. Both are a fantastic way of discovering new places whilst riding traffic free, and although the pace can be high, they are enthusiastic about getting any newcomers up to pace.
- Road Racing. We are affiliated to British Cycling, the national body for cycling, and also the local Eastern Road Racing League (ERRL). Therefore our members are allowed to enter a wide variety of races. We have a few racers who train together, and are always on the lookout for new talent.
- Track Sessions. We have occasional track sessions exclusively for Crest at Lee Valley Velodrome.
- Time Trialling. We maintain a presence in time trialling, and over the summer we have our own 10 Mile TT series every Tuesday taking place at Navestock.
- Club Tours. There are several club tours/trips every year which any of our members are welcome to attend. Recent examples within the last 2 years include; MTB camping trips in Southern France to watch the TDF, annual road race training camps in the Canary Islands, MTB trips to the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Morrocco and the Black Mountains in Wales, a London-Yorkshire road tour, and the world famous Crestmas Cotswold Tour.
- Club nights are on first Wednesday of each month at Silverthorn Bowls Club, Ropers Avenue, Chingford, London E4 9EH, from 7.30pm-10pm ish.
NB – during winter months we would ask that all ride participants use mudguards to protect both themselves and fellow riders from road detritus. This applies particularly with the fast training ride where we are riding in a tight bunch.
Any questions please email and we will put you in touch with the relevant ride leaders. We are a friendly club with years of sound experience and can offer something for everyone with an interest in cycling!
How to Join:
If you would like to join Crest CC, come along to one of our rides, or just find out more information, please email us and remember to include:
- Name, age and location
- What discipline(s) you are most interesting in
- Riding Experience (current miles per week, average speed/time, bike ridden etc)
- What you would like to get out of Crest CC and how we can help!
We will then forward your email to one of our members best placed to help. You should hear back within 3 days.
Membership fees are £20 per year for seniors, £10 for juniors or £30 for a couple/family. Membership subs are payable each October. All members must acquire third party liability insurance via the CTC, British Cycling or similar cycling organisation.